Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Bell’s Winter White Ale: Review

Bell’s Brewery, Inc.
Comstock, Michigan, USA


5% abv
12 oz bottle
Seasonal: November and December

I always called this one ‘snowberon’ after their summer wheat called Oberon.  I am sure I am not the only one that called it that.  Anyways, I cannot believe I have never reviewed this ale.  I am sure I buy a six pack every winter since this beer came out.  It is a nice light refreshing winter seasonal.  When I get tired of the dark malty and nutmeg/cinnamon spiced winter ales this Winter Ale is ready to cleans the palate.

Appearance: hazy yellow-golden body with a nice white head; get that nice wheat and yeast off the bottom of the bottle – this ale should be good and cloudy – don’t pour it clean


Aroma: pleasing clove, yeast and wheat

Flavors: good dusty golden harvest wheat; spice with a dose of clove; herbal biscuit

Mouthfeel: fresh clean wheat coats the palate; low-moderate carbonation; pleasing spice – not overpowering; to me it is a nice balance of wheat and spice; refreshing; light;


To the Point: truly a refreshing Winter Ale; perfect pick for the holiday party; easy to pair with any type of holiday food

As for today's College Bowl Game; Take Boise State and the 2-1/2 pts over Oregon State


No comments:

Post a Comment