Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Witch's Hat Under the Red Light: Review

That is the paper label they put on your
growler that is from another brewery
Witch’s Hat Brewery
South Lyon, Michigan, USA
$14 for a 64oz growler
4.6% abv

Appearance: dark brick red body with a one finger head that leaves little to no lacing on the glass

Aroma: not much, light sweet grainy malts

Flavors: someone at the brewery said it was like Killian’s.  I should have passed right then and there.  I hate Killian’s, I don’t like Irish Reds, but I love red heads with blue eyes.  One or two Killian’s and I have a headache. 

Let’s get to this beer: yes, the flavor reminds me of and Irish Red; a dirty grainy malt taste with a strange little hop note to boot.  I finally found a beer from Witch’s Hat that I really don’t care for. 

Mouthfeel: low-moderate carbonation, light in body, lingering dusty grains, typical Irish Red beer flavor.

To the Point: if you like Irish Red’s this is for you.  I can skip it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment