Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Houblon Chouffe Dobbelen IPA Tripel Review

Brasserie D’Achouffe
Achouffe, Belgium


9% abv
75cl bottle
$12.99 – The Super Fine Wine & Liquor Store in Canton
Belgian Tripel Ale
Tomahawk, Amarillo and Saaz hops

Appearance: misty golden Canadian cream body with a two finger white head; a spot here and a spot there of lace; better lacing on the second glass when I got more sediment into the pour


Aroma: very aromatic nose; citrus, herbal toasted biscuit; the nose is very nice but, I just can’t come up with a specific note and the only descriptor I like is ‘aromatic’ for this aroma

This is one beautiful glass of beer
Flavors: soft citrus meat, herbal tea, hearty golden biscuit; sweet grains on the front, mild bitterness on the mid and finish; a dash of white pepper on the mid;

Great head retention
Mouthfeel: soft, delicate style; mild-moderate bitterness; super fine fizzy feel from the carbonation; medium body; lingering soft and clean citrusy like bitterness


To the Point: super pleasing; while I have found this very hard to review I really like this ale; I am going back to the store to buy a few more bottles and enjoy them before I say I am going to put this on my top shelf list; the aromatic, alpha type hops used gives this ale its clean and delicate style; this is a must try and don’t buy just one


No comments:

Post a Comment