Thursday, December 1, 2011

Left Hand Weizen Doppelbock: Review


Left Hand Brewing Co.
Longmont, Colorado, USA
Bottle size: 1pt 6oz
% abv
IBU
Bottled on: 2-16-11
$10.00 a bottle

Brewed with lapsang souchong tea

Appearance: solid dark dark brown, almost black body. Had to make an aggressive pour to get a one finger tan head.  No lacing on the glass.

Aroma: I don’t know what lapsang souchong tea smells like but, it sure smells like smoked beef teriyaki jerky. 

Flavors: And, I don’t know what lapsang souchong tea tastes like but, it sure tastes like smoked beef teriyaki jerky.

Mouthfeel: low carbonation, lingering beef jerky taste, medium-full weight,

My Strength Rating: 5.5/6 – not much in the flavor, except smoked beef teriyaki jerky, to kick it up. 

To the Point: Interesting if you like smoked beef teriyaki jerky.  For 10 bones a bottle all I can say is, I have had one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment