Thursday, June 28, 2012

Kidd Black Lager by: Fort Collins Brewery: Review


The Fort Collins Brewery
Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
4.5% abv

I sure like a black lager now and then.  I always say that I should enjoy them more often.  I am looking forward to trying this one for the first time. 

Appearance: solid black body with a toasty tan head that thins out pretty quickly and leaves some lacing on the glass.

Aroma: Oh boy, I am going to like this.  Roasted grains and I believe that I am picking up some chocolate that smells slightly toasted as well.  This lager has a nice smoky bouquet. 

Flavors: just like the nose; roasted grains and chocolate roasted coffee.

Mouthfeel: fairly moderate body weight overall, carbonation seems light, roasted notes on delivery and mid palate with some light burnt malts on the finish.  Nice lingering notes that are smoky and toasty.

To the Point: I very nice Black Lager.  I like the smoky style and the bittersweet chocolate note.  I would buy this again.   


No comments:

Post a Comment