Friday, July 13, 2012

Major Tom’s Pomegranate Wheat: Review


The Fort Collins Brewery Major Tom’s
Pomegranate Wheat
The Fort Collins Brewery
Fort Collins, Colorado, USA

Appearance: dusty gold with a white head. 

Aroma: not much of anything.  Faint bread?

Flavors: I don’t think I would guess pomegranate but, I do notice some type of juice infusion that would be a red or dark berry.  If I had to guess I would say, a lightly tart cherry.  There is a nice little wheat tone behind the lightly tart berry note.  A little grassy hops swirling around. 

Mouthfeel: low carbonation, somewhat crisp, some dusty wheat, tart berry note

My Strength Rating: 4 – medium-mild

To the Point: cool label, since the pomegranate was not noticeable … I’ll call it okay.  Glad I only bought one bottle.  Makes you wonder if they know what they are doing out there in Colorado – HI Jody.   



No comments:

Post a Comment