Monday, October 8, 2012

Flying Dog Raging Bitch: Review


Belgian-Style India Pale Ale
Flying Dog Brewery
Frederick, Maryland, USA
8.3% abv
60 IBU
12 oz bottle

I was in a party store the other day and I was thinking about my wife and I ended up with this beer in my hand – coincidence?

Appearance: amber body with a nice one maybe two finger white head that leaves some lacing on the glass.  On my second glass I poured an easy two finger head.

Aroma: nice hoppy nose, grapefruit skin, little caramel in the mix,

Flavors: oh I like this one from the first sip.  Some good pine notes hit the palate with a little white grapefruit bitterness.  Then, the caramel, lightly toasted grains, and fruit mix it up for one interesting IPA.  The fruit reminds me of golden raisin and a touch of peach and maybe a hint of mango. 


Mouthfeel: fine fizzy carbonation, smooth on the delivery and then the bitterness hits the mid and finish, firm and dry aftertaste – pine and earthy yeast,

To the Point: damn this is one nice ale.  I will be keeping this Raging Bitch around too!  This is worthy of a six pack purchase.  If you don’t like it send me the other five.      


No comments:

Post a Comment