Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Weizen Bam: Review


Farmhouse Wheat Beer
Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales LLC
Dexter, Michigan, USA
$9.49 Lager Mill
750ml Bottle

One thing about those 750ml bottles…..

Appearance: be careful pouring this baby.  I had a 4 finger head before I knew it.  Dusty golden body with shaving cream white head.

Aroma: dusty wheat, citrus meat, yeast

Flavors: big citrus sour style that reminds me of lemon … that damn lemon … I am so tired of lemon in beer; the bottle says, “…banana, spicy clove and nutmeg…”  I buy the spicy clove but, no banana for me.  I wish there was more of a banana note than the citrus.  To me this lemon wedge bite is too much. 

Mouthfeel: lemon sour pucker power and the citrus meat linger on the palate. 

To the Point: if you like lemon style beers this is for you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment