Friday, May 18, 2012

Chapeau Framboise Lambic Beer: Review



Natural Raspberry Flavor
Aged in Oak Cask
Brouwerij De Troch
Wambeck, Belgium
12.7oz bottle
$6.99 a bottle
3.5% abv

Hey, what gives, no cork in this bottle.  All the other Lambic beer bottles from Chapeau had a bottle cap and a cork.

Appearance: ruby

Aroma: you can smell these Lambics, from Chapeau, three feet away from the glass.  I am picking up a red berry note.  Let’s get my nose into this glass.  I am not thinking raspberry; I am thinking cranberry and pomegranate with a faint wet oak on the back.  The aroma is light and satisfying. 

Flavors: cranberry to me, lightly tart, touch of wood,

Mouthfeel: smooth, pleasing, and tasty.  A lingering sweetness and lightly tart red berry on the palate. 

To the Point: I really like this Lambic from Chapeau.  I have tasted their Pineapple and Banana Lambic Beer and have enjoyed each one.  I would buy more of the Chapeau Lambic in any flavor.  


No comments:

Post a Comment