Sunday, April 14, 2013

Round Barn Summer Wheat Beer: Review

the Round Barn brewery
Baroda, Michigan, USA
Summer Wheat is not on their web site yet
I’ll guess it’s around 5.5% abv
$9.99 a six pack

Appearance: a fine hazy pale yellow body with a one finger head (if that) and there is no lacing on the glass.

Aroma: oh, coriander right off the bat with a little wheat in the back ground

Flavors: fresh cut wheat then a nice touch of coriander (opposite of the nose), light grassy note, fruity – okay, no distinct notes, if I had to make a call on the ‘tropical fruit’ according to the bottle – I’ll say, mango and apricot but, it is not strong at all.  I don’t pick up any citrus just coriander spice. 

Mouthfeel: light body and carbonation, light coriander spice on the aftertaste, refreshing feel yet dry.

To the Point: an okay Wheat Beer.  Nothing to run out and get right away.  Would I buy a six pack?  Maybe; I’ll go for their Kolsch Style Beer before this one, personally.  Should be refreshing on a summer day with its simple profile.  


No comments:

Post a Comment