Monday, June 25, 2012

Toasted Lager: Review

Blue Point Toasted Lager
Blue Point Brewing Co.
Patchogue, New York, USA
$9.99 a six pack

I had this beer the other day when I ate lunch at the Uptown Grill.  I liked it so I made sure I made it to the beer store to pick up a six pack.  Let’s see how it reviews.

Appearance: shiny and clear copper colored body with an eggshell colored head that leaves some good lacing on the side of the glass.

Aroma: faint overall, lightly toasted grains, hint of sweet bread,

Flavors: lightly toasted notes of grains and caramel malt, bready, light hops to add some balance,

Mouthfeel: crisp, nice carbonation, light toasted flavors linger on the palate,

My Strength Rating: 3.5 – mild-medium – this lager has a little body


To the Point: Okay, not the most special beer ever made but, the light toasted flavors add a little interest to this Lager style beer.  It was very good with my pastrami sandwich at the Uptown Grill.  Maybe it was the good looking bartender that made it a little toaster.  



No comments:

Post a Comment