Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Big Sky IPA

6.2%
12 oz bottle
65 IBU
Big Sky Brewing
Missoula, Montana
The nose is fresh pine. If you close your eyes and smell you will think you are in the woods with a bunch of evergreens around you. The taste of coarse is pine with some citrus. There is a little malty action to keep things in line. This would be a great Christmas Holiday Beer.

At 65 IBU it is not a big IPA bomb. If you are the grapefruit bomb queen or king this is not it for you. I don’t get any big grapefruit notes. Like I said, ‘some citrus.’

Actually, the aftertaste and mouthfeel of this ale is tolerable. It could be described as ‘clean’. At least to me there is no big aftertaste that will ruin your taste buds for the day.

This IPA is drinkable and tolerable to me so that means you IPA American hop heads will dislike it.

I am going to remember to pick this up in November or December.

Buy: Yes, In the winter months.

No comments:

Post a Comment