Sunday, October 3, 2010

Acme California IPA

12 oz bottle
6.5% abv
North Coast Brewing Co.
Fort Bragg, California, USA
My Strength Rating: 6

This IPA pours a hazy golden orange color with a one finger head from an aggressive pour. The lacing on the glass is heavy.

The taste to me is very pleasing for an IPA. I have to admit I am not a BIG IPA fan. The idea of grapefruit rinds and pine needles dragging across my tongue is not my idea of enjoyment. I have not had this beer before so I do not know what to expect. So, it is to my pleasure that I like my first few sips.

There is a nice little grapefruit citrus note that seems to be blended with a little fresh orange taste. The slight malty sweetness that peeks through helps to balance things out. There is a hoppy floral note and some tasty grains mixing it up in this delicately spiced complex IPA. I like the variety of flavors in this ale.

I wonder if the hop heads love it, like it or dislike this ale. Let’s see what they say on beeradvocate.com.

Out of 411 reviews they give it a B and the Bros give it a B+. If it tasted like pine needles dragging across your mouth they would give it an A.

I personally find this to be very tasty and enjoyable to drink. I think I’ll plan to buy some more.

Buy: Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment