Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Samuel Adams Cold Snap Review

The Boston Beer Company
1-888-661-2337
How about a website on the bottle?


5.3% abv

I bought this a couple months ago when we still had snow on the ground.  I just never got around to doing a review.  This is the last bottle from that six pack so, I guess it is time. 


Appearance: heavy golden haze with a one finger white head that leaves no lacing on the glass.

Aroma: spice from the coriander; light orange peel; fresh wheat


Flavors and Mouthfeel: moderate spice on the palate; the coriander stands out to me followed by the orange peel; then some fresh grains; medium body; moderate carbonation to keep things fresh;

To the Point: reminds me of a winter white (wit) beer; or a Belgian Wit - like Hoegaarden (I'm off to the store to buy some); pleasing spice profile; I would buy this again. I would give this beer a high B for a grade; okay a B+.  


Pair this with: white fish or shell fish


No comments:

Post a Comment