Monday, August 16, 2010

Heavy Seas - “HANG TEN”: Review

10% abv wow
12 oz bottle
Clipper City Brewing
Baltimore, Maryland, USA

This is a Weizen Dopplebock from Clipper Cities, Heavy Seas, line-up. This is one ugly looking beer. The sediment is so thick and the yeast is floating around like plankton. The aroma is all malts of course, it’s a dopplebock. There is plenty roasted malts and malty sweetness to delight a dopplebock lover. There is a milk chocolate profile that mixes in with the heavy rich wheat flavor.

Oh boy, here we go again with the freshness date stuff – I better start checking every purchase from now on – June, 2009! I bought this in July of 2010! Now, I have to get a fresh four pack to see how this stuff aged. The beer overall is not bad – it is not complex for a dopplebock but, that may be because of age – I don’t know?

For such a malt based beer it is not on overkill for sweetness. Oh, yes it is sweet – but, I find this very drinkable. Just be careful of the 10% abv. I’ll give a new review on this beer when I find a fresh one!

No comments:

Post a Comment