Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Liberty Street The American IPA: Review

Liberty Street Brewery
Plymouth, Michigan, USA


6.7% abv
76 to 100 IBUs
$12 Growler

I have said it before, ‘I hate growlers.’  64 ounces of beer and I have to drink it the day I open it.  Some people say, it is still good for a day or two.  To me – No Way.  The next day it is flat.  I think the beer actually starts to break down with them pouring the brew into the growler and then you have to take it home. I swear the transportation helps to diminish the flavors and mouthfeel.  Then, pouring your beer from the growler is just plain awkward.
 
Appearance: a shiny golden amber body with a little white head that leaves some spotty lacing


Aroma: sweet cotton candy hops – grapefruit peel like; interesting – cotton candy grapefruit  

Flavors: candy like sugar swirls around pink grapefruit with a light pine aftertaste

Mouthfeel: low carbonation; medium body; moderate bitterness; dry; the light pine aftertaste lingers;

The cotton candy pink grapefruit was really noticeable on the first glass.

Doggy beer bong lid - Filler Up

To the Point: a nice, pleasing, rather simple IPA.  Easy to drink. 

Pair this with: white fish; how about soaking your shrimp and scallops in this ale and sprinkle some oregano or sage. 


Cigar pairing: Drew Estates Undercrown – which I smoked with this growler.    


No comments:

Post a Comment