Saturday, August 4, 2012

HOP SUN: Review


Summer Wheat Beer – Seasonal
Southern Tier Brewing Company
Lakewood, New York, USA
Brewed with one variety of hops and three types of malts
$9.99 a six pack
5.1%abv

Appearance: rich golden body with a one finger white head that disappears before your eyes; fine lacing left behind

Aroma: very mild wheat and very faint grassy hop note

Flavors: wheat and sweet grains mixed with a grassy and floral hop style

Mouthfeel: moderate carbonation, crisp on the palate and fairly dry finish making you want another sip

To the Point: seems simple; crisp; refreshing; decent balancing act between the hops and malts; a pretty good summer seasonal with its mild-moderate body weight; I would try this again … and that is a good thing since I bought a six pack.  Last week when I tried this I thought it had a touch of lemon on the nose and palate.  I didn’t pick that up today.   


No comments:

Post a Comment