Monday, January 3, 2011

Leinenkugel’s Fireside Nut Brown

4.9% abv
12 oz bottle
$7.50 a six pack
Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Co.
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, USA
My Strength Rating: 4

This Nut Brown pours an attractive clear copper color with a fine off-white head. It sure is hard to even pour a one finger head with this beer. The aroma is very clean on this brew.

The notes are sweet caramel like with a pecan nutty and woodsy flavor. There are some hops mixed in to add a little bitter note. Unfortunately there is a big watery style. It is this watery profile that makes this an easy beer to drink.

This beer is always a puzzle to me. Sometimes it comes across too sweet and grassy and then other times it just goes down just fine. I have to admit that I buy this beer every winter and enjoy drinking it now and then. But, it is not what I would call a good Nut Brown. If I was into grading beers I would give it a C. But, I still comeback to it for some reason.

See CigarPostings2 for the cigar pairing.

No comments:

Post a Comment