Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Eliot Ness Amber Lager: Review

6.2% abv
12 oz bottle
35 IBU
Great Lakes Brewing
Cleveland, where did LeBron go, Ohio

They call the color ‘deep amber’ I call it dark copper like a used penny. To me this is a very refreshing amber lager. Has a nice malty sweetness in the background and a good roasted malt character on the taste. There is a nice bitter quality letting you know that the hops are in the game (unlike LaBron, the hops are here to play). A little creamy style to the texture. The right carbonation level for a refreshing finish. I am looking forward to drinking the other two bottles for I have not had the Ness Lager before. I’ll admit I am not an amber ale fan but, this amber lager is very good from what I can tell from this first time experience.

Let’s see what beeradvocate.com has to say. Out of 633 reviews they give it an A-.

Buy: yes, worthy of a try

What do you think? – Leave a comment

No comments:

Post a Comment