Thursday, March 7, 2013

Witch’s Hat Train Hopper IPA: Review


Witch’s Hat Brewing
South Lyon, Michigan, USA
6.9% abv
64 oz Growler

I was on my way to my buddies Barber Shop (Miner’s Barber Shop in New Hudson) and I stopped by the South Lyon Hotel Pub and had lunch.  I tried this ale and liked it so asked the bartender where in the world is this from and she said, ‘down the road.’   After visiting the sheep shearing experts I was on my way to the brewery. 

Appearance: misty amber body with an off-white head and on the lacing front … not much.  The little bit that there is clings to the glass. 

Aroma: nice citrus nose reminding me of a citrus peel, sweet grains, sour bread; as it warms the citrus note reminds me of white grapefruit

Flavors: sweet-sour going on; pink grapefruit with a white grapefruit bite, sweet grains, sour dough bread, toasted caramel malts, the citrus notes carry a slight peppery feel on the finish.   

Mouthfeel: oily hops, sweet-sour, bitter notes hit the mid and finish, lingering citrus bite on the aftertaste,

To the Point: I had this ale at a local South Lyon Pub and they told me the brewery was down the road.  Somehow I found my way there.  I like this IPA.  If you live in the area it is worth the drive – they have some other great flavors to try.  


No comments:

Post a Comment