Thursday, September 11, 2014

Goose Island Oktoberfest Review

Goose Island Beer Company
Chicago, Illinois, USA


6.4% abv
17 IBUs
$8.99 a six pack
Westborn Market

Appearance: lightly misty reddish copper body with a one finger off white head


Aroma: light overall; little fruity; bready

Flavors and Mouthfeel: toasted caramel; light grains; stone fruit – maybe a touch of apricot and/or grilled peach; touch of generic sweetness; I am not picking up the usual Oktoberfest spice or dryness; moderate-low carbonation


To the Point: there is something about the fruity note that I just don’t like; I never like the apricot note in beer; it’s not a straight up apricot note here but, I just don’t like it all the same; a strange Oktoberfest; I’ll pass on this one all day long; 


No comments:

Post a Comment