Sunday, September 25, 2011

Shock Top Raspberry Wheat: Review

 
Belgian Style Wheat Ale
Brewed with spices with natural raspberry flavor added
Shock Top Brewing Co.
AKA – Anheuser-Busch product
St. Louis, Missouri
12 oz bottle
5.2% abv
$7.99

Anheuser has a few of these different beers out on the market to compete with the craft breweries.  Some are flops, like Beach Bum, (my opinion) and some are pretty good representations of the beer style, like Dunkel Weisse.

Appearance: hazy golden wheat with a one finger fine white head that leaves a bit of lacing on the glass with each sip.

Aroma: of course – raspberry and a touch of wheat

Flavors: raspberry, honey wheat bread, slight touch of spice (clove).  Nice sweetness without being too much. 

Mouthfeel: smooth and refreshing on the delivery, smooth fruity taste at mid and finish, pleasing aftertaste.

My Strength Rating: 4.5/4 – nice medium-mild body.

To the Point: BeerPostings ‘regular’ Ron said he and his wife enjoy this one so, I thought I should give it a try.  Especially since my wife also drinks it.
I was not positive going into this and I have been putting this off all summer.  AND … I like it.  I could drink a glass of this beer.  Nice raspberry and wheat flavor with the right touch of spice.  Very worthy of a fruit beer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment