Friday, July 16, 2010

Trout Slayer Ale: Review

5% abv
12oz bottle
Big Sky Brewing Co.
Bigskybrew.com
Missoula, Montana

Pours a light golden color with a white foamy head. Not much on the lacing while drinking. Solid carbonation making for a refreshing ale. Seems to have good balance between the hops and malts, not too sweet and well of coarse not too much on the hops. So, let’s say the hops are just keeping the malts in check.

While drinking this I am wondering what kind of ale this is, it has a strange taste, grainy and/or wheat flavor. When looking at the beer I am thinking lager and when I drink the beer I am not thinking ale. So, I’ll say it has a grainy-wheat taste and touch of biscuit and the water profile has a mineral water character. I’ll give it an ok to good. Now, I am going to the Big Sky web site to see what this beer is all about.

OH, it says it is a filtered wheat ale. Now that makes since. Brewed with some mellow hops; Palisade, Glacier, and Mt. Hood hops. Interesting on the web site it says, ‘4.7%’ abv and on the bottle 5%.

Buy: I would not go out of my way to find it. If you do see it, it is worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment