Sunday, June 6, 2010

Piraat Ale

Shiver me timbers matey, it’s a Piraat Ale for me!

RRrrrr! This Belgian ale is brewed by: Br. Van Steenberge and is one of my favorite beers. The 10.5% abv warms the palate but, the alcohol does not stand out in the taste profile so, be careful matey. The tropical fruit and faint malty sweetness works with the grassy-hoppy slight bitterness. Sorry hop heads – it’s not your IPA. This ale is called an IPA because of its history.

This delicious ale comes in a 750 ml bottle and in 330 ml bottles. By the way, 330 ml is 11.2 ounces – I want 12 ounces – those Belgians are short changing us – those scallywags. A 750 ml bottle will run about 12 bones matey.

Now, it tastes like nothing at all??? – Oops, the chalice is empty. I always enjoy this ale but, when the chalice is full. One thing about this ale is that, as it gets warmer the taste gets better.

The purpose of this blog is to find the best pairings to maximize your pleasure. This summer I will be pairing this ale up with some different foods to find that perfect match. I’ll be calling this series, “The Treasure Hunt.”

If you enjoy a fine cigar I have several articles written where I paired this ale up with different cigars. There are 7 different posting in the months of January and February. I would recommend a Cameroon wrapped cigar with this ale.

No comments:

Post a Comment