Monday, May 14, 2012

Chapeau Exotic Lambic Pineapple: Review



Pineapple – Aged in Oak Casks
12.7oz bottle
$6.99
Brouwerij De Troch
Wambeek, Belgium

This is a strange set-up; there is a cap on the bottle with a cork underneath.  As I start to open the cap with a bottle opener there is a little sprits of liquid.  Once the cap is off I see that the cork is soaked and there is liquid sitting on top of the cork.  How did this happen.  You don’t store beer bottles on their side, so how can a cork get this wet?  I sure hope the Lambic is fine. 

Appearance: rich golden-amber color

Aroma: sun dried pineapple fruit, caramel sugar toasted pineapple rings, nice oaky


Flavors: No way – it tastes like pineapples – get out of here.  Sweet pineapples glide of the taste buds.

Mouthfeel: low carbonation, smooth texture, lingering sweet pineapple on the palate.

My Strength Rating: 3 – mild


To the Point: this would be great during a tropical or Hawaiian party.  Maybe pair this with some citrus marinated shellfish or how about as a desert.

I usually pan these Lambics or other fruity beers off onto my wife but, I am going to finish this one.   


No comments:

Post a Comment