Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Ass Kisser Smoked Porter: Review


Ass Kisser Smoked Porter
Porter Pounder
“Perfect for the boss”

San Jose, California, USA
8% abv
$15.99 a six pack

Game one or the World Series tonight and being a Detroiter I will be watching.  I am not as positive about the outcome as my friends are but I believe they will win the first game 3 to 1.  Giants come back and win the next 4 games.  They (the Giants) were just hitting too good in that last series.  

Appearance: dark murky cola like, no head from this bottle, little lacing with each sip but nothing stays on the glass.  On the second bottle poured I might have gotten a quarter inch tan head with a tad more lacing.  So, with more head you get more lacing?   

Nose: smoky wood for sure and it reminds me of light hickory smoke for this moment in time, mocha coffee is what I get after that

Flavors: wonderful coffee flavor for the coffee lover like me; dark roasted grains; a little dark chocolate bite;

My Annie sporting her Jack Ass look
Mouthfeel: short after taste, nothing seems to linger on the palate, slight bitterness on the finish, smooth on the delivery, low carbonation.

To the Point: A nice smoked porter.  Not over smoked … not under smoked … seems just right to me.  I personally like the coffee note.  A fairly tasty porter overall but, do I want fairly tasty for 16 bucks a six pack.  I do like it.  If it was 9 bucks a six pack I am buy more.  

I am finally getting ready to post this and the Giants are winning 5 to 0.  Damn!  It is only the 5th inning but, the Tiger bats don't look like they are ready to play.  It is also time for them (the Tigers) to play like they did during the regular season. (like crap)


No comments:

Post a Comment