Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Hudepohl Amber Lager Review

Hudepohl-Schoenling Brewing Company
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
This just gets you to the Hudepohl facebook


12oz bottle
Abv ? Not on the bottle or their facebook site
$5.99 a six pack

My grandmother use to drink Hudy by the quart bottles when she was alive back in the 1970’s.  She always had a stack of cases, yes cases, of Hudy in her basement.  She was a Cincinnati girl back in the day.  I saw this at a beer store when I was in Ohio the other week so I had to buy a six pack. 

Appearance: bright and clear amber body with a half finger white head that turned to nothing in seconds; no lacing.


Aroma: typical clean lager nose;

Flavors: simple, clean, easy drinking lager; another way to say not much in flavors; but, it is a lager; boring to drink if you want flavors but, many Americans look for that in their beer

Mouthfeel: good carbonation making it fairly crisp; refreshing; light earthy feel; not sweet; not hoppy; medium-light body; light earthy feel on the aftertaste


To the Point: simple and easy to drink lager; probably better than most adjunct lagers; if I was looking for a lager to drink I would select this one; I’ll give it a solid B


No comments:

Post a Comment