Friday, December 21, 2012

St-Ambroise Pale Ale: Review


Biere Blonde Pale Ale
McAuslan Brewing Inc.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
11.5 oz bottle
No date on the bottle

Appearance: pours a clear copper colored body with a thin off-white head that leaves a little lacing on the glass.  After I poured the beer out of the bottle I looked at the bottom of the bottle and I can see some sediment that I left behind.  This might affect the taste.  I did get a little sediment into my glass and it did cloud the copper colored body. 

Aroma: light malts, dusting of yeast, and a hint of hops

Flavors: I did get a little of the sediment into my glass; lightly toasted malts, dark bread, a generic light hop note, taste like a lager with a little flavor

To the Point: for a Pale Ale it is below average, for a beer it is okay, easy to drink, not much on the flavor front, the few Canadian Pale Ales that I have had over the years have all been on the weak side of town (as far as Pale Ales go).  I would skip this one.  

At least I got another cap for my shed wall



No comments:

Post a Comment