Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Big Dick's Olde Ale Vintage 2009 Review

Arcadia Brewing Company
Battle Creek, Michigan, USA


9% abv
51 IBU’s
2009 Vintage

I reviewed this beer back on June 6, 2010 and February 10,2012.  In 2010 I did not write down the vintage but, it had an 8% abv.  In 2012 I reviewed the 2010 vintage.  Today I found an old bottle that has a 2009 vintage.  Let’s see how this baby aged.

Appearance: a heavy, murky and dark caramel body with a very thin tan head from a very aggressive pour.  No lacing on the glass.


Aroma: light nose overall, he nose is reminding me of toasted caramel, sweet malts under a floral like hoppy note, a little wheat and rye bread in the mix

Flavors: some tasty hops adding a light bitterness, semi-sweet malty tone under the hops, I am going to stay with the floral hoppy note here in the flavor as well,       

Mouthfeel: smooth wool like texture, low carbonation,

To the Point: still a tasty Olde Ale here on this 2009 vintage, 


No comments:

Post a Comment