Thursday, January 26, 2012

Meantime Coffee Porter: Review


Meantime Brewing Co.
London, England
11.2 oz bottle
6% abv
$4.99 a bottle

Malt beverage fermented with ground coffee and lactose

This is a great looking bottle and that builds my expectation.

Appearance: almost black body with a cola like edge.  One finger tan head that disappeared before my eyes. 

Aroma: coffee mocha nose

Flavors: what else? Coffee.  And, a tasty coffee taste at that.  Roasted nut shell.  A little thin after that.  But, I like the coffee flavor.

Mouthfeel: low carbonation, a thin watery feel,

My Strength Rating: 4.5 – low on the medium side, the thin mouthfeel plays a big role.

To the Point: for 5 bucks a bottle I expect more out of my porter.  Get it around 2 bucks a bottle it’s not bad.  There are better porters out there for less money. 


No comments:

Post a Comment