Thursday, December 15, 2011

Shiner Ruby Redbird: Review


Summer Seasonal
Brewed with Texas Red Grapefruit and Ginger
Munich malt and Mt. Hood, Citra and Cascade hops
Spoetzl Brewery
Shiner, Texas, USA
Bottle size: 12 oz
4.01% abv

Cleaning out the left over summer beers that I never reviewed and this one looks interesting. 

Appearance: golden with an amber hue, clear, little head, no lacing

Aroma: Right out of the bottle – fresh sweet grapefruit

Flavors: the ginger stands out to me right off the bat; then the sweet and tart flavor of red grapefruit shines through,

Mouthfeel: moderate carbonation, light tingling on the tongue, refreshing finish, 

My Strength Rating: 4 – the ginger flavor is only moderate so it is not spicy,

To the Point: I’ll be looking for this next summer. I enjoyed drinking it here as we go into winter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment