Monday, February 20, 2012

Arbor Brewing Jackhammer Old Ale: Review

Arbor Brewing Company
Corner Brewery
Ypsilanti, Michigan, USA
9.3% abv
50 IBU’s

Appearance: dark brown with cola like highlights.  Just a thin layer for the head.  No lacing. 

Aroma: sweet, light roasted caramel malts, light smoky note, very light spice

Flavors: dark fruit that reminds me of a raisin and fig like quality, a nice hoppy spice to balance out the malts, I can’t come up with a specific spice – maybe a hint of clove – so I’ll call it a spice box note, a hint of a low percentage dark chocolate. 

Mouthfeel: low carbonation, smooth feel, the alcohol is present but not an issue to me, a bit thin on the aftertaste

My Strength Rating: 6 – just on the other side of medium.

To the Point: a nice English Style Old Ale, tasty and enjoyable, watch out for the abv,


No comments:

Post a Comment