Friday, August 13, 2010

A Beer Review: Laguntas Pils

The Pilsner

Lagunitas Pils Czech Style Pilsner
5.3% Abv
12 oz bottle
Lagunitas Brewing Co.
Petaluma, California, USA

Pours a cloudy orange-golden color. White bubbles for the head. Fairly aggressive pour and got a one finger head. To me the aroma is like sweet grains.

I like the sweet grains and the slight spice that might be from the alcohol that plays on the tongue. The notes here remind me of pink pepper. Pink pepper has that sweetness with a little spice with it. There is a nice fruitiness. Some apple and a little lemon squirt that help to add some character. Overall I’ll call it good. Whether it is a Czech Style Pilsner – I don’t know. I think I have only had one true Czech Republic pilsner and that was too long ago. The more I drink this beer the more I like it. I’ll go to good +. This is not your Miller beer with its sugary sweetness and big watery profile. This beer has some nice flavors for a pilsner.

Buy: Yes, worthy of a six pack. Ditch that Miller bottle and buy this. At least this is a true American Made Beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment