Monday, May 2, 2011

Wellington Arkell Best Bitter: Review


4% abv
341 ml bottle
Wellington County Brewery, Inc.
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Wellingtonbrewery.ca
My Strength Rating: 4

On the six pack it says, “A refreshing Ale described as ‘the most flavourful light beer in Ontario.’”

Appearance: copper colored body with an egg-shell colored head.

Aroma: very faint grains and yeast

Flavors: grainy, grassy, dried floral, sourdough, stone mineral,
I have to say on my first few sips I was not impressed.  Then, I had to start thinking about what are the notes and the more I sampled it the more I started to like it.  It does not have the run of the mill flavors – oops, sorry that is flavours in Canadian. 

Mouthfeel: almost moderate carbonation, light off-dry feel, light watery edge, and very easy to drink.  This would be great to pair with a quality burger or my favorite a cigar.  This ale should have some good range to pair up any strength cigar and has some interesting flavors that should work with most cigars. 

If you want something different it is an okay pick-up.  It is nothing to go out of your way to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment