Thursday, January 31, 2013

Unibroue Ephemere: Review

Unibroue
Chambly, Quebec, Canada
5.5% abv
12oz bottle
$10.99 a six pack

Ale Brewed with Apple Juice, Coriander, Orange Peel, and with Natural Flavors Added

I had this beer last summer a local pub and liked it.  I bought this six pack back at the end of summer so; I guess it is time to do a review.    

Best before 2-15-14 is printed on the back of the bottle. Obviously a good beer to age looking at that date.    

Appearance: hazy flat yellow body with a one finger pure white head – no lacing; make sure to get all the sediment off the bottom of the bottle.

Aroma: very interesting bouquet; reminds me of fancy tropical fruits – papaya and guava; citrus peel, apples, pear, bread, sweet; yes it is white wine like

Flavors: tart apple, lemon/orange citrus meat, dusty yeast, mild coriander spice,


Mouthfeel: the carbonation has a fizzy feel, light sweet fruit, tart feel, lightly bitter – just a hint, halfway through low-moderate carbonation, strange lingering tart taste on the aftertaste … it’s guava like,


To the Point: this can be a fine summer time beverage or beer-cooler as I call these fruity beers.  So, this summer find a hot day and buy a six pack and enjoy.  I did enjoy a couple on a hot summer day; as for fall, winter or early spring … forget it for it is not my type of beer.  Like I said it is like a beer-cooler or white wine like or even one of those summer shandy beers.   



No comments:

Post a Comment