Monday, April 2, 2012

Troubadour Magma 2011: Review


Special Edition 2011
Cascade Hop
Belgian Triple
Br. The Musketeers
Ursel, Belgium
$13.99 a bottle
1 pt. 9.4 oz bottle
9% abv

Appearance: bright yet opaque tangerine with a big white head that has plenty of lacing on the glass

Aroma: delicate citrus notes of grapefruit meat and orange peel, dusty yeast, sweet malts in the center

Flavors: sweet honeysuckle, light-moderate prickly citrus notes, tasty Belgian yeast, peppery alcohol on the finish. A lingering mix of malts and hops on the palate.

Mouthfeel: low carbonation, light tickling of the tongue, sweet fruity and light alcohol peppery aftertaste. 

My Strength Rating: 6.5 – medium-full with just enough hops to add some character.

To the Point: my not be a good beer to review or as I call it – it’s not reviewogenic.  But, it sure is tasty to me.  This is my second bottle of this ale and I sure like it. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment