Thursday, September 30, 2010

Erdinger Oktoberfest Weissbier: Review

11.2 oz bottle
5.7% abv
Erdinger Weissbrau
Bavaria, Germany
My Strength Rating: 3.5 or 4
This is a hefe-weizen Oktoberfest! So, if you get tired of the traditional Octoberfest style beers this would make a good switch. Yes, this Oktoberfest beer looks like a hefe-weizen beer – a hazy golden wheat color with a nice looking foamy white head.

The aroma is of sweet grains and the taste follows. There is also a good hefe fruity style but, I don’t get any banana flavor and that is a good thing I think since it is an Oktoberfest beer. The main profile is the grainy wheat taste.

When I think of an Oktoberfest beer do I think of this one right off hand ? No. But, like I said, it is a good and unique twist to the Oktoberfest style and always makes me ready for another traditional style Oktoberfest beer.

Buy: Sure thing – I buy it every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment