Thursday, November 21, 2013

New Belgium Pumpkick: Review

New Belgium Brewing
Fort Collins, Colorado, USA


6% abv
Ale Brewed with Pumpkin Juice, Cranberry Juice and spices
Fall Seasonal

Appearance: shiny copper with an orange-ish tint; half-finger off-white head that did not stay around long


Aroma: hint of pumpkin pie; nice spice, cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg; I’m searching for the cranberry note – maybe my bloodhound wife can pick it up

Flavors and Mouthfeel: I pick up the tart cranberry on the palate; pumpkin pie like with nice allspice; flavors seem a little muddled; light carbonation; lightly dry;


To the Point: this is okay to good; might be a good introductory Pumpkin Ale; I’ll take the Post Road Pumpkin Ale over this one; but, I am not a big fan of Pumpkin Ales in the first place; if I was going to give this a grade I would give it a C+/B-


No comments:

Post a Comment