Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Archangel Summer Wheat: Review


Made with Michigan Cherry Juice
North Peak Brewing Company
Traverse City, Michigan, USA
12oz bottle
5% abv
Purchased at the brewery
I don’t remember the price per six pack

Appearance: crystal amber color with a fine ½ finger wheat head that leaves a thin line of lacing on the glass.

Aroma: musty wheat nose

Flavors: earthy wheat, lightly toasted caramel, and a medicinal note.  That medicinal note must be the cherry juice.  I did not personally pick up a cherry note for my first thought was, ‘what the hell is that taste.’  Would more cherry juice make it tastier? 

Mouthfeel: dirty wheat, low-moderate carbonation, slightly fizzy feel, lingering muddled medicinal notes on the palate.

My Strength Rating: 5 – medium body at best.  Made to 5 because of the lingering aftertaste.  

To the Point: When I was at the brewery I had a wonderful brown ale.  I bought a six pack to take back to the hotel and when I got back I sampled one.  Oh god it was offal.  Drink this beer before any others.  If you already had another beer do not turn around and order this one.  I warned you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment