Monday, December 12, 2011

Bell's Christmas Ale: Review


Bell’s Brewery, Inc.
Comstock, Michigan, USA
12oz bottle
Bottled: 10/26/2011

Appearance: toasty amber body with a one finger light tan head that leaves some decent lacing on the glass.

Aroma: moderate spicy hops and sweet malts

Flavors: spicy hops right off the bat with lightly roasted sweet caramel malts underneath. 

I remember having this last year but it looks like I did not do a review on it.  Sure wish I did for I think it tasted better last year. 

Mouthfeel: 0000 steel wool like, moderate carbonation, good lingering mixture of malts and hops.

My Strength Rating: 6 – medium-full overall

To the Point: thank god for the hops in this beer to add some interest.  To me the flavors are too muddled and just plain uninteresting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment