Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Napa Smith Bonfire: Review

Imperial Porter
Napa Smith Brewery
Napa, California, USA
8% abv
1pt 6oz bottle
Could not make out price tag
4.00 or $4.99? a bottle

Appearance: black body with no head and a spot here or there on the lacing

Aroma: lightly boozy, some roasted malts, I was expecting some coffee or chocolate

Flavors: charcoal, medium roast coffee with a touch of alcohol coming through and a bit of licorice  

Mouthfeel: a little flat, not much on the carbonation, medicinal like on the aftertaste,

To the Point: rather boring Porter, I am really disappointed, I was looking forward to trying this Imperial Porter.  I would never buy this again.  If I was going to grade this beer I would give it a C-.  



1 comment:

  1. I am sitting back and enjoying this porter before the super bowl. The C- grade my be a little off - today I would give it a C+ maybe B-. Nice smoky notes; the aftertaste is still a charcoal medicinal like;

    ReplyDelete