Saturday, September 7, 2013

Hofbrau Original in Frankenmuth Michigan

When I go to Grindstone City, my summer place in the Tip of the Thumb in Michigan, I like to visit Frankenmuth and have a beer.  One thing that I have noticed is that the Hofbrau Original tastes different in each place of business here in Frankenmuth.  I like to stop by the bar in Zehnder's to watch the Tiger Baseball game and have a Hofbrau of tap. The Hofbrau here is always nice and chilled and tastes fairly clean.  Look at that chilled mug below.






If I don't have a Tigers baseball game to watch I love to stop at the Fischer Platz next to the Bavarian Inn Restaurant and have a sausage and beer.



The Hofbrau Original tastes like Hofbrau.  It has that right German beer taste.  The beer is not as chilled as it is served across the street at Zehnder's.  The beer is served in plastic cups because the Platz is outdoors.


If the weather is rainy I like to pull up to the bar inside of the Bavarian Inn Restaurant.  The Hofbrau Original here is served nice and chilled but, I still pick up some of the grassy taste that Hofbrau has.  




Now, the place I have a big problem with is the Bavarian Inn Lorelei Lounge at the Hotel.  


The Hofbrau Original is always skunky - and I mean always.  For two or three years I have told them that their Hofbrau on tap is nasty, skunky, or flat and bitter - dirty bitter.    

The outdoor patio at the Lodge is a great place to enjoy a beer.
Also, catch the great entertainment at night time.


I love to visit the Lorelei Lounge to listen to Marty Viers.  But, don't get the Hofbrau Original on tap and if you do - I told you it tastes skunky.  











No comments:

Post a Comment