Thursday, June 13, 2013

Samuel Adams Whitewater IPA: Review

The Boston Beer Company
Hopology Collection



I saw Hillary Clinton walking out of the party store with a six pack of Whitewater IPA.  Must remind her of the good ol’ days.

On the bottle:
“Wheat Ale Brewed with Apricots & Spices”
“…crisp wheat character, bright pine and citrus flavors and just a hint of orange peel.”
Two Styles – Belgium White and American IPAs


Appearance: hazy dirty orange body with a two finger white head that leaves some lacing on the glass.

Aroma: bold coriander, citrus, touch of pine, sweet wheat, yeast,

Flavors: the nose is nice and the flavor is even better; bread and wheat on the front, then the citrus meat and pine hit the mid along with mild fruit and mild coriander; grassy along with sweet/tart pine on the back; orange peel and a prickly pine linger on the aftertaste
(the apricot really stood out on the second bottle)

Mouthfeel: mild fizzy feel, wool like texture, firm bitter style

To the Point: If Noble Pils is too mild for you then try Whitewater; if I want to drink a few beers sitting around the campfire I’m doing Noble Pils and if I want to drink one or two flavorful beers I’m going with Whitewater.  And, if Bill and Hillary ever invite me over for a little chat – I’m bringing Whitewater.  


Read:

No comments:

Post a Comment