Sunday, June 9, 2013

Right Brain Dead Kettle IPA: Review

Right Brain Brewery
Traverse City, Michigan, USA


Right Brain is hitting the market here in Michigan.  I have seen several bars with Right Brain tastings this spring.

Style: India Pale Ale
5.5% abv
1Pt 6oz bottle
ONLY $6.99
AT Super Fine Wine and Liquor
In Canton Michigan

DAMN, I bought four bottles at the brewery on the first week of March and it cost me $45.00.  Okay, it was not Dead kettle but it was a bunch of birds - Looping Owl and Hawk what-ever.  (all bottle cost the same)  And from the first sip (I have not started the review yet) this Dead Kettle is far better than that bird stuff.  Okay, I am done venting.  No not really.  On top of that I don't even like their new location.  

Appearance:
color: copper;
clarity: moderate misty when poured - light misty after;
one and half finger bone colored head;
head did not stay around long (story of my marriage);
good lacing that sticks to the glass;


Aroma: Damn a beer that smells good, I just did a bunch of Samuel Adams that hardly had any aroma … I started to think my nose did not work; this beer has citrus big time, it reminds me of citrus meat from a grapefruit salad; if you like American IPAs do any other notes matter!  Only 6.99 a bottle.  Okay, there are some bready malts to soften the blow. 

Flavor: Grapefruit front and center; a little pink grapefruit and plenty of white grapefruit; toasted grains in the mix; shit I paid 45 bucks for four bottles at the brewery.  Okay, it's an IPA it has citrus - do you really care about anything else?

Mouthfeel: solid bitterness, grapefruit all the way, low carbonation, wool like texture, a solid IPA all the way, only $6.99 at the store I go to and I paid $11.25 at the brewery. 

To the Point: Flavors – it’s citrus; Mouthfeel – it’s citrus bitter; Style – it’s IPA; what else matters.  I would buy this again but, not at the brewery!  Damn $45.00 for 4 bottles and this one bottle only cost $6.99 at Super Fine Wine and Liquor in Canton Michigan – did I say that before – Don’t buy it at the brewery!

If you like or love IPA’s it is a must try.

Damn, only $6.99 and I paid $11.25 at the brewery

No comments:

Post a Comment