Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Atwater Bloktoberfest: Review


Specialty Lager
Atwater Brewery
Detroit, Michigan, USA
Bottle size: 12oz
6.2 % abv
30 IBU
$1.69 a bottle only bought one


Appearance: deep burnt mahogany body with a one finger tan head

Aroma: made me say, what is this? Does not smell like an Oktoberfest, earthy caramel sweetness, fruity-floral?, earthy yeast

Flavors: yikes, golden raisin, golden raspberry, a strange floral note, toasted caramel

Mouthfeel: good thing for the watery edge, low carbonation, medium body at best, strange tart dirty lingering aftertasty.  The bouquet and the taste together makes the aftertaste worst.  Hold your nose and sip.  No, just don’t buy it in the first place.

My Strength Rating: 4.5

To the Point: I don’t think I’ll even finish the 12oz that I have here. Skip this one and buy a real Oktoberfest. 

1 comment:

  1. This beer is closer to a Maibock. A spring time beer that has a sweet malty character.

    ReplyDelete