Thursday, March 6, 2014

Kostritzer Schwarzbier: Review

Kostritzer Schwarzbierbrauerei
Germany


4.8% abv
11.2oz bottle
Best before: 8.22.2014 clearly marked on the bottle

Another beer that I cannot believe that I have not reviewed before.  I pick up a six pack or two during the winter months to enjoy this simple Black Lager for sitting by the campfire up north.  To me this is a classic Black Lager. 

Appearance: almost black body with big cola highlights; a thin half finger tan head with a strong pour; a spot here and there of lacing – another way to say nothing much;


Aroma: very light toasted grains; otherwise very lager like

Flavors: lightly sweet malts with a touch of tart hops keeping the balance; light toasted grains that remind me of a soft-fresh loaf of pumpernickel bread; semi-sweet coffee

Mouthfeel: light-moderate carbonation; smooth; fresh; tasty for a Black Lager; light-moderate body; with the 4.8% abv it is easy to sit by the campfire and down a few


To the Point: nothing special to review but, damn this is one fine Black Lager; I don’t know how any – I mean ANY beer drinker cannot like this beer; I recommend this for any beer drinker of course 


No comments:

Post a Comment