Thursday, May 8, 2014

Kentucky Ale Review

Alltech’s Lexington Brewing Company
Lexington, Kentucky, USA


6% abv
$1.65 a bottle
12oz bottle
Picked up at a party store in Ohio
“A marriage of traditional English Pale Ale and Irish Red Ale styles.”

Appearance: bright shiny copper body; very clear; quarter finger white head that disappeared before you could even think about it; no lacing


Aroma: not much on the nose; maybe a hint of caramel and grains;

Flavors: a light caramel mineral water flavor; put this in a plastic bottle and sell it in the water section

Mouthfeel: watery; dirty water; light moderate carbonation; light – maybe light-moderate body;
Hell with my mouthfeel – I wonder how the grass is going to feel when I pour this on it. 


To the Point: This is my third beer from this brewery and I have not enjoyed one of them.  This is not even a good introductory beer; with family roots in Kentucky I was hoping to find a gem here; drinking this beer is like betting on a horse with 4-1 odds and watch it come in last place out of 19 horses.  


No comments:

Post a Comment