Friday, August 2, 2013

Beck’s: Review

Brauerei Beck & Company
Bremen, Germany


Style: German Pilsner
Product of USA St. Louis, Missouri
5% abv
$8.99 a six pack

Looks like a new label since the last time I had this beer.  I have to admit that I do not even remember the last time I had a Beck’s.

Appearance: clear crystal yellow body with a nice white head; not much on the lacing front


Aroma: sweet bready malts, clean, no more Euro smell, not much else

Flavors: bready, light fresh grass, little sweet grain, a faint hoppy feel, tastes like flavored water - just one more boring Pilsner

Mouthfeel: okay carbonation, clean, too clean,


To the Point: just another tasteless pilsner; right in there with Corona, Land Shark, and the like; I don't remember that Beck's was this tasteless


No comments:

Post a Comment