Monday, August 2, 2010

Lilja’s Heifer Weizen: Review


The Beer

Wisconsin Farmhouse Wheat Beer
? Abv
12 oz bottle
Sand Creek Brewing
Black River Falls, Wisconsin, USA

I have never had or seen this beer before and I am not too sure about this one. Why? You ask. It has three cows on the label. So, the name Heifer!

This beer is lively. There must be plenty of carbonation here. After having to aggressively pour a one finger head on the Summit Hefe, this one you have to be careful with because you will end up with a glass full of foam. The head has a pretty white foam. The body color is a hazy yellowish color. The aroma is a little soapy smelling – I just hope it does not transfer to the taste. Oh, it does not. But, this tastes like a good hefe weizen. The banana, clove, and spice, along with the wonderful wheat flavor is dancing across my tongue to my delight. There is a slight lemon citrus note as an undertone here. This is a very pleasant tasting Heifer.

No comments:

Post a Comment