Friday, August 30, 2013

Kasteel Rouge: Review

Castle Brewery
Van Honsebrouck, Belgium


Belgian ale brewed with cherries and cherry juice
Fruit Beer
8% abv
11.2oz stubby brown bottle

Appearance: dark cola body with a reddish tint; bridal blush one finger head; no lacing


Aroma: big time cherry, cola,

Flavors: big cherry cola flavor; light-moderate tart cherry; if there are any other flavors it is covered up by the big time cherry flavor

Mouthfeel: light-moderate tart cherry; cherry; and cherry on the aftertaste; light-moderate carbonation; but you don’t even think about the carbonation because of the cherry


To the Point: need I say it again … cherry; I think I am drinking a cherry cola; I don’t think I can finish even on bottle of this; half way thru and I am taking this glass to my wife; if you like cherry flavored colas this would be perfect for you; 


No comments:

Post a Comment